Saturday, June 26, 2010

Oh Canada

We crossed into Canada yesterday from Eureka, Montana.  We went to the customs window and had to declare our pepper spray.  Its illegal in Canada.  They gave me a receipt for it and when I asked, they stamped our passports!  It was then on to Salmon Arms.  We drove all day and finally at about 9:45 p.m. we arrived to the hostel.  The hostel was awesome...we slept in a trains caboose!!  Pictures will follow.  There was a rowdy group of teachers partying at the hostel, and we had 5 other girls staying with us.  One was from Australia, one was from Japan, one was German, and two were from Sweden.  They were cooking marshmallows over the fire, so I went to the car and Megan and I gave them graham crackers and chocolate.  They had never had a s'more!  We fixed that.  They loved them.


I wish we could have stayed longer.  That hostel is definitely one I want to go back to again.  Way cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment